5 Budget Busting Ideas
Affiliate disclosure – Please read before purchasing products from links
Learn how to get several looks and variations from one design. This saves you money as you can easily extend the use of a single graphic design giving you more bang for the buck.
1 Changing the color scheme is the simplest way to create different looks. The variety is simply surprising!
2 Create a twofer with a single cut. For the first option, paste the cutouts onto your card using your favorite glue, (be sure to check out what we like in the product suggestions below.) Pro Tip: Check out the video for this one. The second idea is to fill the holes on the original stock with a background paper.
3 Use the draw feature to create a design to color. You can color it yourself if you like. Better yet send it along uncolored. Treat your card recipient to a little crafting creativity of their own. After all sharing crafting is a tremendous gift in itself!
4 Check out the debossing technique. With a little experimentation, we found a material that created the deboss on one side and the bonus emboss on the back side. A word of caution – make sure the material you chose can withstand machine embossing as otherwise it may tear. We learned this from experience. No debossing tip? Time to get one for your Cricut Maker. Bonus Tip: Try a stylus for those machine which cannot use a debossing tool. See how the stylus worked out on our Your Deserve the Credit post.
5 Use the cutout from your original stock as a stencil. Make the stencil out of a durable material if you plan to reuse it many times. You can use the stencil to trace designs onto various media or use it as a paint or ink stencil.
MainelyDiY.com is a participant in the Cricuit and the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
You may also like these ideas:
- 3 Jovial Elfish Jester GnomesGnomes are often known as the Guardian of Treasures. So what secret treasures are these Jester Gnomes the keeping? The answer is of course your smile! With their curled toed shoes, these little elves are sure to tickle every one they meet. Make excellent gift tags and ornaments. Why not add some to your holiday… Continue reading 3 Jovial Elfish Jester Gnomes
- Dirty Little Gnome Stars In Best Buddies Gone BadThese two were close buddies and the best of friends. That was until the Dirty Little Gnome decided to snatch Dirty Little Santa’s body! Gnome was so ashamed that he crawled up inside Santa’s body and hid there disguised as a hat. Well enough for that wild tale! Oh be to to see the upgrades.… Continue reading Dirty Little Gnome Stars In Best Buddies Gone Bad
- Dirty Little Santa GnomeYou’d be dirty too, if you went down people’s chimneys. While this fun little guy is a Santa Claus he could be a gnome for any season when dressed in other colors. If you don’t like the dirty look, you can easily choose a whiter color for his beard. Check out our library for a… Continue reading Dirty Little Santa Gnome
- Jazzy Snazzy Musical PizzazzEasy & inexpensive way to jazz up your instrument. Personalized pizzazz!
- Sweet Sounding Instrument Deserves a Sweet LookGive your sweet sounding instrument as sweet look with the addition of a sound hole decal. Find out how to design and make it your own.
- It’s Good to be Tacky!Make Cricut Mats Sticky Again Has your cutting mat lost its stickiness and just isn’t tacky enough? Whether it’s a Cricut, Silhouette, other another brand, chances are it is just dirty. Watch this quick instructional video to learn how to easily rejuvenate those dirty mats with our simple and fast cleaning hack. You will save… Continue reading It’s Good to be Tacky!
- Variations on a Theme5 Budget Busting Ideas Unlimited Results Learn how to get several looks and variations from one design. This saves you money as you can easily extend the use of a single graphic design giving you more bang for the buck. 1 Changing the color scheme is the simplest way to create different looks. The variety… Continue reading Variations on a Theme
- Father’s Day DealsCricut is offering a fantastic Father’s Day sale on the Air 2 electronic cutting machine. Just think of all the cool projects you can make for the Dad in your life. Of course he may just use the machine for himself. Please note as an affiliate, we receive a small commission when you purchase using… Continue reading Father’s Day Deals
- You deserve the credit!You spend time making homemade greeting cards and you should take credit. The commercial vendors do and so should you! Celebrate your creativity by signing the back of all your greeting card with this clever tip. Learn how to create a signature card template you can use over and over again. We made it… Continue reading You deserve the credit!
- Stay at Home Order Have you & your friends Going Nuts?Going Nuts greeting card
- A Whole New Meaning to a Chinese PuzzleDid you know you can make your own puzzle? Watch this step by step video and learn how to make your own. It is easy. Easier than solving the finished puzzle! Minutes to make – Hours of fun! We made our puzzle from a package of chicken fried rice making it a terrific recycle project.… Continue reading A Whole New Meaning to a Chinese Puzzle
- How to Cut SVG files with our Cricut TutorialsHow to video takes you step by step the process of adding an image with a svg extension into Cricut’s Design space. We show you how to clearly see where your cuts will be plus make size and position adjustments. This tutorial takes you through from them beginning to when you are ready to hit the cut button on your machine.
- Up-cycle CD Project IdeaWe love to re-purpose things and keep them out of landfills. Today’s project up cycles an old CD. You can also recycle an old DVD. With movies being moved to digital format, projects such as this will give a new life to your DVDs. You will be surprised at how simple and quick you… Continue reading Up-cycle CD Project Idea
- Foxy Peek-a-Boo Valentine’s Day Greeting CardThe front of this foxy card is hand stamped with a fun and simple heart designed to complement the Valentine’s day theme. Patterned cardstock would be another great option. The front also features a peek-a-boo heart shaped window with the word “You” visible. Opening the card reveals the full inside sentiment “You are a Fox!”.… Continue reading Foxy Peek-a-Boo Valentine’s Day Greeting Card
- Have a Ball This Winter – Humorous Greeting CardHumorous winter time greeting card project has a choice 2 different interiors & includes simplified version plus had a bonus project.
- Fun Greetings from Chris MooseInquiring minds want to know what Chris has to say. Don’t you? Chris Moose wishes you a Merry Christmas in his very own special way with these two holiday greeting cards. The overall card design is the same for both cards however the change in the sentiments makes them quite different. The first card is… Continue reading Fun Greetings from Chris Moose
- Blade SharpeningA dull blade can ruin a project. Learn how to sharpen your Cricut blades or any small point blade in this quick video. You will be amazed at how easy this is. It’s another budget busting project from MainelyDiY. Affiliate disclosure – Please read before purchasing products from links. We may earn fees from your… Continue reading Blade Sharpening