Due to popular request, we have added two new sizes of our mask pattern. The child size pattern is for preschool aged children and the small size is for kids in between.
All 3 designs contain our updated written directions which include the option of adding a wire such as a paper clip along the nose area for a better fit.
Patterns are free for personal use . Finished masks may be donated to charity at no cost. Please mention MainelyDiY.com to your recipients.
Please remember to save N-95 masks for first responders and health care workers. Their risk for contracting COVID-19 in substantially greater than the general population. If these professionals become ill who will be there to help you when need it most?!
Please follow CDC guidelines
You may also like these ideas:
- Christmas Crafts inspired by NatureChristmas Crafts inspired by Nature Updated every few days throughout December so keep checking back every couple of days for new Christmas au Naturel inspiration!
- Otterly Flippin’ Fun Waterfall CardHave you tried a waterfall card yet? Turning a waterfall card on… Continue reading Otterly Flippin’ Fun Waterfall Card
- Back Slider Fun Fold CardGot some card stock with a great motif in the corner or… Continue reading Back Slider Fun Fold Card
- Quick Gift Tag Christmas CardsQuick and easy Christmas cards using gift tags. Choose large tags with sentiments, add to fun fold cards, embellish and you’re ready to send your love to friends and family this holiday season.
- Merry M Fold Card TutorialWhether you call a W fold or a M fold card, whom receives your homemade greeting card will be merry upon opening it. These action cards have motion thanks to the…you guessed it the M-fold.
- Bar None Hand Soap or Body Wash Saves MoneyHand soap can be expensive and body washes are even more. Lets us show you how to inexpensively make your own very simply using a bar of soap. For hand soap, we suggest a soap that makes you feel extra clean yet is gentle on your hands. Your hands do so much for you so… Continue reading Bar None Hand Soap or Body Wash Saves Money
- DiY Face Mask – FREE pattern to Protect supply of medical masks for medical workers and first respondersIt is important for every one of us to do our part is trying to impede the spread of the corona virus. Three important actions you can take right now are social distancing, washing your hands, and reserve the supply of masks for the frontline health care professional and first responders. It is of the utmost importance that the health care and first responders are protected so that they will be there to save lives when they are needed the most. Conservation by the general public of the professional grade masks is why MainelyDiY.com has developed our own mask. The information contained in this blog is the opinion of MainelyDiY.com. Please follow CDC guidelines.
- Don’t get Steamed Up – Use our Anti-fog MaskIf you wear glasses you know how frustrating it can be to find a mask that doesn’t get all fogged up. This one is designed with an integrated nose piece to cut back on the fog. Since the nose piece does not contain metal this mask is truly washable. Comfort is also key, especially when… Continue reading Don’t get Steamed Up – Use our Anti-fog Mask
- Extend Mask Life with Easy to Make CoverWith N-95 respirator supplies in question, extending the life of a mask may become important during the pandemic. Quilters will especially appreciate that these covers are made with scrap batting. We chose quilting batting because it tends to cling to masks. We have included a casing for elastic or ties should you desire to secure… Continue reading Extend Mask Life with Easy to Make Cover
- Going Nuts Card -Printable VersionWe hope you enjoyed our last “Going Nuts” Card. If you thought about making it but don’t have an electronic cutter, we have created this printable version just for you. We highly recommend you purchase a Cricut machine when you can. It is tons of fun! Taking your own pictures is the ultimate source for… Continue reading Going Nuts Card -Printable Version
- Learn About COVID-19 & Protecting YourselfWant to learn about COVID-19 in easy to understand terms and learn ways to help protect yourself and others from infection? Understanding some to the characteristics of the coronavirus will help you appreciate why mask material selection is important. There is more than just face coverings included. Information is presented in a download pdf document… Continue reading Learn About COVID-19 & Protecting Yourself
- Mascot of the YearWatch this video to learn how to make this humorous greeting card and discover why the racoon is this year’s mascot. If you do not have a racoon picture you can look in magazines or old books that are no longer used. No special tools are required to make this card yet we find the… Continue reading Mascot of the Year
- Mask Know How – Science & Tips to get the most benefitUpset about having to wear a mask? Try thinking about it in this light. Most public places require that you wear a shirt and shoes. Wearing a shirt is just common courtesy. However the requirement to wear shoes because of safety concerns and so is wearing a mask! No one has to say wearing pants… Continue reading Mask Know How – Science & Tips to get the most benefit
- Mask Updates – New Sizes – Updated PatternsDue to popular request, we have added two new sizes of our mask pattern. The child size pattern is for preschool aged children and the small size is for kids in between. All 3 designs contain our updated written directions which include the option of adding a wire such as a paper clip along the… Continue reading Mask Updates – New Sizes – Updated Patterns
- No Sew DIY Mask – Made with Man Friendly Duct TapeWant to make a mask but don’t know how to Sew? Especially with the CDC’s recommendation for the general public to use face covering when not at home in order to help reduce the spread of COVID 19 Duct Tape to the rescue! Our design features an adjustable fit around the difficult nose area. Just… Continue reading No Sew DIY Mask – Made with Man Friendly Duct Tape
- Replacement Filter for Gas Mask – 99% EffectiveWith filters being in short supply for full and half face respirators, MainelyDiY has come up with a solution. The material we chose may actually filter out viruses including COVID 19 even better than the coveted N95 masks – 4% better. According to calculations it can block particles by a whopping 99.9%. So cool as… Continue reading Replacement Filter for Gas Mask – 99% Effective
- Soft Elastic Free Mask Ear LoopsDid you run out of elastic? Or worse yet are your ears sore from the elastic ear loops on your mask?! These are the exact reason we came up with this simple alternative and have incorporated them into our Anti-Fog Mask design. Beyond the fact that these ear loops are comfortable for hours on end,… Continue reading Soft Elastic Free Mask Ear Loops
- Stay at Home Order Have you & your friends Going Nuts?Going Nuts greeting card
- Unmask the Myth about Homemade Face MasksWe see pleas from those on the frontlines for face masks yet homemade masks are being discounted for two reasons – they are not CDC approved and effectiveness is unknown. Let us explain why we urge you to rethink this thought process. Of course CDC approved masks are best if available. Please remember to evaluate… Continue reading Unmask the Myth about Homemade Face Masks
- Unmasking DiY Mask MaterialsLearn which materials to use to make a diy mask. Preserve the N-95 for those saving lives.
- UPDATED – DIY MaskUPDATED- template includes instructions Homemade masks can protect supply of PPE on front-line healthcare worker and are an options when n-95 supplies are exhausted. Our mask design fits snuggly against your face, is comfortable and breathable. FREE pattern and information Mask Template DIY Mask Mask Cover Mask Myths Our FREE mask template now includes written… Continue reading UPDATED – DIY Mask