Now that you have cast your stitches onto your needles, it’s time to learn the knit stitch!
- Over tightening stitches will make it difficult and frustrating to knit.
- Aim for consistency. It will come with practice.
Congratulations you just learned two new stitches. That’s right 2 new stitches! The knit stitch of course and by repeating the knit stitch over and over, row after row you also learned the garter stitch. Who’d a thought – a two-fer.
The Garter Stitch creates a fun bumpy texture. We particularly like that bumpy texture for dish clothes as it makes cleaning dishes easier. Look for our video on dish clothes coming soon!
Affiliate disclosure – Please read before purchasing products from links
- Thanksgiving Pumpkin Ornament
- Thanksgiving Pumpkin
- Fall Pumpkin
- Spiral crochet with 2 colors and the magic butterfly
- Darn Yarn Needles
- Granny and Joints
- Blocking ol’ Granny
- Continuous Granny Square
- Granny Square – Row 3 and Beyond
- The magic circle demystified mini video
- Demystify the Magic Circle in this super simple step by step video.
- Granny Square Round 2
- Crochet in the Round
- Granny Square Center – 2 Ways