Wonder what is in Echo Park’s Christmas Salutations 6×6 card stock package? Check out this quick reveal.
Next check out how ideas on utilizing this pack with the fun and quick double z fold card tutorial.
What is a z fold card anyway? It’s an action card that seems to move as you open it. These fun folds are extremely addictive. Watch the video until the end to learn from some of my boo-boos plus all my tips for making them.
Let the size of your art work for the front of your card dictate how to make your card. Typically you have 4 1/2″ in length by 3 to 4 inches high to work with. In our samples, we used greetings from a card stock package. Into stamping? This is a great place to feature your designs. Cut-outs, stickers, drawings – the sky in the limit. So let your talents shine!
If your split an letter sized piece of card stock in half lengthwise at 4 1/4 inches, you will have 2 card bases. This is the recommend size and shown in red in the cutting chart. The front should be 1/2″ narrower than the back and 1 inch shorter than the back.
Rectangles have two size options. Option A will have a eighth inch border whereas option B will have a quarter inch border. One rectangle should be a light color as it is a place to write your personal note. The second rectangle is purely decorative and depending on the front card stock you may decide not to use a second rectangle.
|Back/Base||Front||Rectangles A||Rectangles B|
|4 x 11||3-1/2 x 10||2-1/2 x 3-1/4||2-1/4 x 3|
|4-1/4 x 11||3-3/4 x 10||2-1/2 x 3-1/2||2-1/4 x 3-1/4|
|4-1/2 x 11||4 x 10||2-1/2 x 3-3/4||2-1/4 x 3-1/2|
|4-3/4 x 11||4-1/4 x 10||2-1/2 x 4||2-1/4 x 3-3/4|
|5 x 11||4-1/2 x 10||2-1/2 x 4-1/4||2-1/4 x 4|
Score or fold the 10 and 11 inch pieces in half lengthwise. Next score or fold one half in half again.
|Item||Score 1||Score 2|
|Front (10″ Long)||2-1/2||5|
|Back/Base (12″ Long)||2-3/4||5-1/2|
Watch the video for assembly tips, tips to make the most of your materials and learn from my mistakes.
Tools and Materials
Prices subject to change. As participants in affiliate programs, we may earn small commissions on products and services linked in our blog/website. There is NO additional cost to you however it gives us a boost and allows us to continue to provide you with easy link access to items we use. We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the Cricut affiliate program. An affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to products and service of affiliated sites.
You may also like these ideas:
- Otterly Flippin’ Fun Waterfall CardHave you tried a waterfall card yet? Turning a waterfall card on… Continue reading Otterly Flippin’ Fun Waterfall Card
- Back Slider Fun Fold CardGot some card stock with a great motif in the corner or… Continue reading Back Slider Fun Fold Card
- Quick Gift Tag Christmas CardsQuick and easy Christmas cards using gift tags. Choose large tags with sentiments, add to fun fold cards, embellish and you’re ready to send your love to friends and family this holiday season.
- Merry M Fold Card TutorialWhether you call a W fold or a M fold card, whom receives your homemade greeting card will be merry upon opening it. These action cards have motion thanks to the…you guessed it the M-fold.
- Double Z Fold Card Tutorial and RevealLearn to make double z-fold cards. These fun fold cards have moving parts as you open them. Guaranteed to kick up your card making skills Feature your art work on the card front or use greetings from card stock. Reveal the designer sheets in Echo Park’s Christmas Salutation pack.