Got some card stock with a great motif in the corner or along one side? Learn how to make the best use of its design with a back slider fun fold card. It is super fast and super fun. After all it’s a fun fold card. What’s a fun fold card? Folds are strategically placed to give the card action or let the card open in unexpected way. Why call it a back slider card? Because the back slides out from behind the front of the card to reveal your greeting and special message. Warning! They are additive.
Fantastic birthday, special or every day card!
Watch the video to the end to catch all the tips.
Let your card stock dictate the size of your card. We made the height one inch less than the width. You can also use paper stock -just mount it to a piece of card stock to give it stability. We like the look of a border around paper stock.
For inside mechanism, cut the width of letter sized card stock (8-1/2″) by a least 1/4″ less than the height of the card. Score in half and then in half again – at 2-1/2″ and 4-1/4″. If your front is smaller, adjust size accordingly. We used some stock that was only 7-1/2″ long, scored at 1-7/8″ and 3-3/4″, and it worked out fine.
A word about theses product recommendations- Tombow Glue is the adhesive of choice for this project. We love ceramic rotary cutter blades for durability, safety and the ability to swap between paper and fabrics projects without changing blades. We like the ergonomics of the Fiskars cutting tool. Add an eighth and quarter rules are great for simple yet accurate borders. We like Creative Grid rulers for the stability provide – less slippage. There are lots of fine scoring board and cutting mat options. Choose what suits your size needs.out
Prices subject to change. As participants in affiliate programs, we may earn small commissions on products and services linked in our blog/website. There is NO additional cost to you however it gives us a boost and allows us to continue to provide you with easy link access to items we use. We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the Cricut affiliate program. An affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to products and service of affiliated sites.
You might also like these card ideas
- Otterly Flippin’ Fun Waterfall Card
- Back Slider Fun Fold Card
- Quick Gift Tag Christmas Cards
- Merry M Fold Card Tutorial
- Double Z Fold Card Tutorial and Reveal
- Get over 25 Bonus Images
- From Our Gnome to Yours- Dollar Tree Inspired
- Last Minute Gift Tags – 8 Fresh Ideas
- 3 Jovial Elfish Jester Gnomes
- Dirty Little Gnome Stars In Best Buddies Gone Bad
- Dirty Little Santa Gnome
- Santa Bow will make you Smile!
- It’s Good to be Tacky!
- Pencil in Time to Play Games
- Variations on a Theme
- Dad’s Favorite Shirt
- You deserve the credit!
- Mascot of the Year
- Going Nuts Card -Printable Version
- Stay at Home Order Have you & your friends Going Nuts?
- A Whole New Meaning to a Chinese Puzzle
- How to Cut SVG files with our Cricut Tutorials
- Egg-stra-special Easter Egg Card
- Lucky Friend St. Patrick’s Day Card