If you wear glasses you know how frustrating it can be to find a mask that doesn’t get all fogged up. This one is designed with an integrated nose piece to cut back on the fog. Since the nose piece does not contain metal this mask is truly washable.
Comfort is also key, especially when you need to wear a mask for hours. This is exactly why we came up with non-elastic ear loops made with recycle materials you have at home.
Affiliate disclosure – Please read before purchasing products from links
The mask circles are 8 inches in diameter. We used the handy quilting template. You can simply make a paper pattern with a compass or trace around an appropriately size plate of bowl.
MainelyDiY.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
To mark ear loop placement
- Fold circle in half wrong side together and perpendicular to the chin dart.
- Mark 1 and 7/8 inches away from the fold as indicated by the red X in the diagram.
- Mark in the same manner on the bottom of the diagram.
- Flip folded over and repeat marking.
- You will have 4 marks for place the ear loops
Each ear loop is between 7 1/2 and 8 inches.
To make the chin dart
- Fold the circle in half right sides together.
- Mark 1-7/8 inches from raw edge along the fold.
- Mark 7/8 inches perpendicular to the fold.
- Draw a line connect the marks as shown in the diagram as a dotted line.
- Sew on dotted line back stitching at dart point.
- Repeat for second circle piece.